Bay of Plenty footballers will benefit from professionally-run fitness programmes thanks to a new partnership between the Ricki Herbert Football Academy and The Athlete Factory.
The strategic partnership will be piloted in Tauranga, enabling young footballers from the RHFA Talent Development Centre to learn and train in a professional environment with qualified strength and conditioning coaches from The Athlete Factory.
The Athlete Factory, based in Mt Maunganui, has centres located around the world and is a one-stop shop for athletes working to improve their fitness to enhance their playing performance.
All RHFA players currently training at the Tauranga Talent Centre or training at other Centres are eligible to register for the following term programmes at a rate exclusive to the RHFA.
Each Athlete Factory programme can be attended once or twice a week.
Information regarding registration and payment for either Athlete Factory programme will be sent out to Tauranga Talent Centre players before term 2 begins.
Please contact Tauranga Head Coach Shaun O’Brien with any questions.
About The Athlete Factory Academy
The AF Academy is a long-term athlete development programme, which includes:
- Comprehensive athlete testing and monitoring.
- Individualised training programmes focused on YOUR athletic development.
- Two group training sessions per week with world-class Strength and Conditioning coaches.
- Access to support services such as sports physiotherapy, sports nutritionist, sports massage therapy and sports psychology.
The programme is designed for:
- Intermediate & High School aged athletes (11-18 year olds).
- Talented athletes with ambition, drive and commitment.
About The Athlete Factory Speed School
The Athlete Factory Speed School Junior programme has been developed to address the lack of a multi-discipline approach to speed training and functional movements.
The AF Speed School Junior is a 60-minute class and sessions focus on:
- Games based activity
- Coaching functional movements
- Coaching running mechanics and technique
- Coaching flexibility, co-ordination, speed, power and agility
- Children having FUN!